The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
My latest Heuer, orange this time..

I just want to share my lastest Ebay find, a Heuer ref. 980.007. The Ebay auction had two very bad unclear pictures, and the wacth was described as non working. I was the only bidder, and got the watch very cheap. The orange Heuer diver from the 1970s are very rare, so I took a chance.

The diver arrived yesterday, and I was very pleased when I opend the box from Fedex........

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Very nice dial and hands in perfect condition. Nice patina on the hands.

Early quartz ESA 536.121 movement in working condition. With a new battery and som tlc, the movement started working again. Quite cool movement for a quartz, lots of metal gear. No plastic as in later quartz movements.

I am not a big fan of quartz, but as the atomatic version is even rarer than this quartz, I am happy with this one. And we must rember that in 1979 this quartz version was hot news, and more expensive than the automatic!

I nice addition to my Heuer collection.

Thanks for looking.

Jarl Fr. Erichsen
Norway

Messages In This Thread

My latest Heuer, orange this time..
Beautiful Colour Scheme . . .
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE