The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Scan Day! First “Vintage” Heuer eBay purchase... *LINK*

My first Heuer (aside from stopwatches) I discussed last week on scan day. So I could repost last week's but I choose a different first instead...

My First “Vintage” Heuer purchase off of eBay was this Heuer Pasadena:

I picked it up for about $405, before shipping... The seller (William Chu who typically buys and sells Rolex) still insists that I stole it from him at that price, despite my buying a non-Pasadena Pasadena about 6 months later for about $15 more... Fortunately, William lives in Chicago and I live in the Far Western Chicago Suburbs, so we exchanged phone numbers and made arrangements to meet at a public place (The Elston Avenue MicroCenter) and exchanged Cash for watch then and there. So if you look on my eBay feedback you'll see his feedback is "Praise : What faster way to pay than deliver pmt?" that's the story behind that feedback.

The Pasadena's bracelet was too tight for me to comfortably wear when I got it, it did have some spare links so I was able to loot them for use with the Tourneau 5100 (510.501) I had purchased earlier that month, but left me without an bracelet for the Pasadena. As you who have PVD watches know, sourcing PVD bracelets is a problem, eventually I ordered a new full length replacement bracelet from TAG-Heuer US at an obscene price. Which is the bracelet you see on this piece.

So, this was my first Vintage Heuer purchased used (I guess my 1983-4 Pilot's quartz is vintage these days), and my first Valjoux 7750 movement watch, so I guess it has a couple of firsts...

Enjoy!

-- Chuck

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE