The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Scan Day...U.S. Divers Watch...

Does this qualify as a "Tool-Watch"??

I originally bought it for the bracelet and was planning to sell it again after I overhauled it completely...I changed my mind when I put it for the first time on my wrist. I wear this one really often, on the wrist it's really cool. Received a lot of positive reactions about it...

I refinished the case completely with respect to originality (obvious). New crown and all sealings have been replaced (She's "Super Water Resistent" again). I contacted Favre-Leuba Switserland for a replacement crystal...but as you might suspect they're not available anymore(within the stock of Favre-Leuba that is). So, I had the crystal polished, there were some very deep scratches present when I bought it. So the outside of the crystal is as new. But as you can see the inner-scale is printed on the inner-side of the crystal and that's been damaged at some places...a little unfortunate...Maybe someone of this forum can help me to find this crystal??

Abel.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE