The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Is this a Frankenheuer? *LINK*
In Response To: Is this a Frankenheuer? ()

Hi all, i am new to your forum, though have been an interested reader, since purchasing this watch. Mostly i did a web search to see if it was the real McCoy; bought it purely on the engraved message on the back. So was pleased to find 'onthedash' and read Jeff's posting. subsequently i dug a little deeper and found that the inscription on the back (refer to URL),with 2 Czechoslovakian (pre-break up)generals, one presenting to the other reflects an interesting point in this counties life; an oppressive era known as the 'Normalisation of Czechoslovakia'. Martin Dzur, being the supreme military commander answerable only to the Kremlin. Anyway sorry to ramble. My question is why this watch isn't listed in your database other than in the 71' catalogue? and consequently enabling me to pick up a lovely watch for a seemingly very good price. As no one(apart from Jeff) was sure if it was cosha, Is it just a insignificant model? Just to reflect, my Grandfather, a london watch maker once offered me a Monaco Heuer, or a digital watch for my birthday in the early 80's, sad to say i choose the digital; oh for fore sight eh!

Best Regards

Paul

PS. Cheers Jeff i've sorted out the password issue, thanks for your email.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE