The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Andy, would you mind terribly...

Andy, would you mind terribly posting a link to the auction so I can take a look see?

On the surface if the seller declared shipping costs in his auction listing and is not living up to those stated costs, you are likely full in your rights to press for the seller to be held to those costs.

If there are no costs stated, the picture becomes less clear. In any case, you can elect to pass on the item [and possibly face the repercussions] of potential negative feedback. Although you can state "seller demanded £160 in shipping costs to UK! OUTRAGEOUS! BEWARE!" in his feedback which would give his bidders pause.

Jeff's a lawyer and much better equipped to advise you than I am, so I'd like to hear his take on the situation.

I'm sorry to hear your trials and travails... It sounds like your Grail Quest has taken on Arthurian proportions as my Omega Grail Quest did.

I certainly can sympathize with picking up multiples for relatives. I sometimes have to buy in threes for...

these stooges... [Not mine... But my cousin's boy's...]

-- Chuck

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE