The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Twisted?

Here are a couple of pictures of my Abercrombie & Fitch chronograph circa 1930's. The strange thing about this watch is the off centered, twisted, look it has to it. I can't believe that this was a manufacturing error but does anyone have a guess why it's this way? Look closely at the one piece dial. The 12 & 6 appear to be off centered in relation to the case and lugs. When you look at the push buttons on the side of the case they are also off centered in relation to the crown but the crown is where it's supposed to be. I think the movement is a Hahn-Landeron caliber of some kind. Pretty strange.

Paul

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE