The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Scan Day Reminder: The Bee's Knees *PIC*

Inspiring topic. In so many things my reach and grasp aren't in the same zipcode.
Call it the Curse of Good Taste. The bee's knees automobile would be a Ferrari GTO. The bee's knees guitar? A 1928 000-45.
The bee's knees stereo: Wilson WAMMs driven by a three-ever-made Siltech amp, a Shindo preamp, and an SME 31 turntable.
The bee's knees domicile? Falling Water? The Hearst Estate in San Simeon? John Lennon's apartment in the Dakota?
Some old place on Bellevue Avenue in Newport? Needless to say, reality rarely intrudes in these fantasies.
But when it comes to watches, I'm a bottom feeder in a global sense.
No Rolex Daytonas, or platinum Pateks, or hour repeaters of any kind.
I'm a Heuer boy with a little Omega thrown in.
So the bee's knees watch is a Siffert Chronomatic. And while I don't own one, I've got the next best thing, a slightly post-Chronomatic Siffert with 12-3-6-9 markers. It's truly lovely (thanks Shaun) and it actually became Grailier when I replaced the bangly bracelet with a perforated strap (thanks Abel)
So for once I'm experiencing near contentment. It's a nice change, but I'm not sure I'd want it all this way.
best
Allen

BTW: If anyone can help me to post them, I've got some fresh shots of my siffert taken with my new/old Nikon D200 (which will be replaced by a full frame D3....someday)

Messages In This Thread

Scan Day Reminder: The Bee's Knees
Re: Scan Day Reminder: The Bee's Knees *PIC*
Inspiration ! ? ! ? ! ?
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE