The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Let Me Stir Up a Hornet's Nest, If I May . . .

So what is it that excites everyone about the Grail Speedmaster -- Reference 376.082?

I love the old Speedys (1960's era); and I love the 5100-powered chronos; but did dropping this 1980's era engine into this 1957 body create this Grail? Maybe I need to see one to believe it, but I was never seriously tempted, even at pre-Omegamania prices.

So what am I missing? Am I too much a slave to this notion of liking the "origin" watches, rather than the hybrids / later developments?

Yes, I am ready to be bashed on this issue, but I need your help. Maybe the answer is, "Come back after you have actually seen one."

Jeff

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE