The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Three Photos / Very Different Dials and Hands

sorry to be joining in the discussion a bit late, but here are three photos, arranged top to bottom, as follows:

• my Monaco
  • Nick's Monaco
  • the one shown OnTheDash

Scroll down quickly to compare the photos, and the differences become clear. A few of the differences are as follows:

• style and detail in the script -- for example, look at the "A" in the word Monaco and the "R"in the word Heuer
  • style and detail in the numbers on the registers -- for example, look at the "4"s on the bottom registers
  • luminous dots at the 5-10-15-20 -- two dials have them / Nick's doesn't
  • hands are entirely different, as discussed in previous messages
  • applied markers -- smooth or textured (on Nick's)

That's a very quick look, and I thought that other readers might like to see the photos -- top to bottom. I can't say with certainty which are "real" (though I have confidence that mine [shown at the top] is real) and which aren't, but one thing is certain -- they are very "different".

Jeff

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE