The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
My Christmas Watch has Arrived

I could not believe that the US Postal service delivered it today: Sunday!

My Gallet Excel-O-Graph by Racine. I want to make sure that I give a big thank you to Jeff, David and Chuck for all of their guidance and a super big thanks to Jesse for parting with this watch.

This watch was owned by Edwin M Grover born 23 Feb 1927 and left us on 17 May 2002. He was a bush pilot in Anchorage, Alaska. He had his Name, SSN and Pilot’s number engraved on the back of the watch in case he crashed so that they could identify him.

The watch came with everything, Box, instructions and even a custom made gold nugget bracelet with an Alaskan flag emblem on each side: Very Alaskan gold rush kind of a thing. I am sure that I will never wear the bling but very cool.

I would normally never buy a gold chrono, but given the rarity of this watch I could not pass. I thought that if a SS model came up for sale I could buy it and sell this one; however, given the mint condition and the over all beauty of this watch – she is home to stay.

So here are the pics I took today – I’m sure I will take more soon.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
I've altered the numbers for privacy reasons.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Merry Christmas to All!

Scott

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE