The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Scan Day: CMMDI (Chuck Made Me Do It)

Reminder: We will be having a Scan Day / Scan Weekend, with the theme of "Chuck Made Me Do It".

• The obvious scans will be the watches that we have purchased because Chuck told us that we needed to do so.
  • The next tier might be those that we have purchased, not because Chuck said to, but because somehow we found ourselves under Chuck's influence.
  • Then there are the ones that we purchased, as a result of an e-mail, received from Chuck in the middle of the night, with nothing more than the word "Dibs" and an Ebay link. Chuck purchased the "Dibs" watch, and you purchased the next one [becuase if Chuck called "Dibs", then it must be a great watch]

Please notice that the theme is CMMDI (Chuck Made Me Do It), not "Chuck Made Me Buy It", so you can think of all the things that Chuck made you "Do". Maybe Chuck made you:

• wake up in the middle of the night, and weigh all your watches (with and without the bracelets)
  • put all your watches into a database, with 36 fields per watch
  • toss the PC out the window and buy four Macs
  • toss Explorer out the window and install Firefox
  • carry four IPods, at all times -- one for music, one for Podcasts, one for videos, and one in case the other three fail
  • pretend to root for the Chicago Bears, when you really liked the Green Bay Packers
  • bar code your outgoing mail
  • memorize the Mercury, Gemini and Apollo flights and astronauts
  • learn HTML, rather than sending your Word documents to Chuck for conversion
  • install Claris Home Page, so that you wouldn't really need HTML at all
  • install Leopard, Tiger or some other exotic animal
  • install multiple sniping programs
  • buy an AK-47, just in case the sniping software failed

Of course, these lists are not exhaustive, but are intended to inspire your thoughts.

My posting may take some additional days, as I have a lot to sort through, in making the decision of what to post.

Jeff

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE