The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: when did the "2000" line first appear? (PIC)

Responding to Mike SCARDS22's comment -
I will have to figure out a way to post some scans of my two early 2000 quartz chronos.
As far as history, I bet Hans Schrag could shed some light on the first 2000...
Both of mine early 2000s appear to have the same cases and bracelets as those posted by Mike and are similar to his left-hand photo, but the numbered bezels are more rounded. As I believe I said earlier, one is marked "Heuer" everywhere, while the second one has "TAG-Heuer" on the dial only, but with Heuer on the crown and caseback and clasp, for example, and so would appear to be "transitional". By the way Mike or anyone, I would kill to get a replacement "president style" steel bracelet like the ones shown in your scans.
Best regards,
Bill

: Heres an interesting footnote! My silver dial
: Heuer 2000 Automatic Chrono has a
: "Tag" crown and came with a
: "Tag" box and papers. The rest of
: the watch is Heuer marked. I would have to
: guess that this watch is a Heuer-Tag
: transition piece. I guess from LATE 1985 to
: EARLY 1986. I know for a fact that this is
: an 100% original Heuer and not a put
: together. I bought it from a man that said
: he may have worn it 5 times then put it in a
: drawer.

: Hope this helps!

: Mike SCARDS22

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE