The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Shown on Page 77 of 1984 Catalog
In Response To: Any idea of model and age? ()

Andrew:

Nice one!!

This watch (in the quartz version) is shown on page 77 of TAG-Heuer's 1984 catalog. It was available with quartz movement (Ref. 223.206) and machanical movement (Ref. 123.206).

Key features are solid titanium case, reflection-free sapphire glass and bracelet inlaid with carbon fiber. With the titanium and the carbon fiber, TAG-Heuer described it as having a "lasting combination of two futuristic materials".

You might want to check with TAG-Heuer service, in Springfield, New Jersey, on the off-chance that they would have the replacement part for the bracelet (or even the entire bracelet). This one is definitely a "keeper", and you are fortunate to have the more collectible mechanical version.

Jeff

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

: This is a watch I received as a gift several
: years ago. It was used and was originally
: purchased as part of a men's/ladies pair.
: The ladies version is not an automatic
: watch. Does anyone know what model this is
: and when it may have been made? I have the
: original band which broke where it attaches
: to the body but I can't find anyone who is
: confident they could weld it successfully
: because it is titanium.

: Thanks for any info,
: Andrew

:
:

Messages In This Thread

Any idea of model and age?
Shown on Page 77 of 1984 Catalog
Re: Shown on Page 77 of 1984 Catalog
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE