The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
There was a 510.511 on the bay last week! *LINK*
In Response To: Carrera 510.523 ()

: I am looking for a 510.523 or similar, any suggestions?

There was a 510.511 on the bay last week, I know a couple of us were looking at it. It wasn't in the best condition (Crown needed re-PVDing, the crystal was cracked, and was on a strap as opposed to a bracelet), but she still fetched $660 (about $70 less than I paid for my braceleted, boxed and instructioned example).

Both of these models (the 510.511 and 510.523) seem to be fairly low production models. I'm not going to use the term "Rare" to describe them because that term is so over used it has lot all meaning except when referring to how to cook meat. They are certainly not very common.

I don't think I've ever seen one offered on an Internet dealer's site in my 5+ years of watching on the net. My examples of these models have come from eBay, and I've seen maybe six to eight (tops) different 510.523's listed (one that was listed three times and I won three times at the same price and the seller wouldn't budge on his reserve and it went unsold) and the one below is only the third or fourth 510.511 I've seen listed.

I'll keep my eyes open for you, this is a great watch, one of my favorites, but I'd recommend that you do a search on eBay for "Heuer Carrera" ever other or every third day, and make sure you do a "all countries/all regions" advanced search on those terms. While my 510.523's came from the US, my 510.511 came from the UK and the '511 was listed twice with unreasonable reserves before the seller dropped the reserve on the third listing and I purchased the watch.

Good Hunting, and I'll try to spot one for you!

-- Chuck

Messages In This Thread

Carrera 510.523
There was a 510.511 on the bay last week! *LINK*
Re: There was a 510.511 on the bay last week!
Ok, I will keep an eye out for you. *NM*
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE