This one arrived today. There will be the history to write, and lots of stories to tell (for example, this one was shipped to me exactly eight weeks ago), but for now, let me give you the "basics" of the watch and some reactions from those who saw it today.
- Heuer / Ford Split Lap Unit 77, made by Heuer for the Ford RS Motorsports team
- produced in 1977
- double LCD display, for time of day, and a variety of split-timing functions (Taylor, etc.)
The reactions from those who saw it today, at the office and at home:
- one bad ass watch
- the ugliest watch I have ever seen [my wife's reaction]
- a statement . . . a very loud statement
- a cool-looking machine
- one rock-solid watch
- I thought you were getting into the Bubble-backs?
- what in the world is it?
So let me just say that if your Monaco is starting to feel "ho hum", and if the Autavia is looking somewhat delicate, this one will light the fire!!