The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
New Arrival: Ford Split Lap Unit 77

This one arrived today. There will be the history to write, and lots of stories to tell (for example, this one was shipped to me exactly eight weeks ago), but for now, let me give you the "basics" of the watch and some reactions from those who saw it today.

The watch:

• Heuer / Ford Split Lap Unit 77, made by Heuer for the Ford RS Motorsports team
  • produced in 1977
  • double LCD display, for time of day, and a variety of split-timing functions (Taylor, etc.)

The reactions from those who saw it today, at the office and at home:
  • one bad ass watch
  • the ugliest watch I have ever seen [my wife's reaction]
  • a statement . . . a very loud statement
  • a cool-looking machine
  • one rock-solid watch
  • I thought you were getting into the Bubble-backs?
  • what in the world is it?

So let me just say that if your Monaco is starting to feel "ho hum", and if the Autavia is looking somewhat delicate, this one will light the fire!!

Jeff

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE