The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Got "triggerhappy" bougth this...

: Thanks Monte and Chuck!
: Toni
Toni, I have done some additional research and found a 2003 entry on this forum quoting Hans Schrag, a retired Heuer employee and watch restorer. He gives a list of watches made for Heuer at the G. Monnin factory in France. He stated Heuer used this factory for models they were not currently manufacturing, but had a market for such as divers watches, logo watches, etc. Since I bought mine new and it still works, I guess I am still satisfied that it is a Heuer. On the otherhand the website ATG Vintage Watches calls them Franken watches-from Frankenstein. Are they real Heuers or are they worth collecting goes back to the old expression that beauty is in the eye of the beholder. They are listed in the 1979 catalog on this website. Good Luck

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE