The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
The End of the Dot.Com Story ? ? ?
In Response To: Great Job Jeff! ()

Alistair:

Yes, I like this Dot.Com story that you tell, but let me work a little with the ending.

My favorite Dot.Com story ends with the founder / owner receiving (a) the big, fat check for the website, (b) a lucrative 10-year consulting agreement, (c) a lifetime supply of Heuer / TAG-Heuer watches, starting with a Siffert Chronomatic and the Grand Carrera Caliber 17 RS2 (Serial Number 11), and (d) annual trips to the Palafitte, to visit his "Heuer Freinds" and work with the Museum. Of course, he still loves the watches and their history, and his internet friends, and he stays fully involved with the community, but at least he no longer needs to be concerned with the college (and grad-school) tuition for five kids!!

Or does the Dot.Com story end with the founder / owner pawning, mortgaging or selling everything, to buy one more Heuer (or pay tuition for the youngest of the children, as she finishes up her Ph.D. degree)?

Jeff

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

: looks like it was fantastic. I true Dot Com
: story.

: Guy collects watches, starts website in spare
: time and ends up years later meeting the
: very company bigwigs that run the company at
: the opening of the museum inspired by the
: Internet collecting revolution of which OTD
: is one of the main parts.

: Excellent!

: Did they have the blue Cal.15 Monaco I sent
: them on display?

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE