The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
I Didn't See the Cal 15 Monaco

It is a bit of a jumble, in terms of the watches that I saw on display and the watches that I can remember. Most of the displays are thematic, so similar Autavias (for example) might be on shown in different display cases -- one for the oceans and one for the airplanes, with another for the racetracks. I recall only three Monacos: the one McQueen wore during filming of Le Mans (shown with certificate of authenticity from property manager of the film); a three register, manual-wind gray one; and a V4.

There may have been more, but not that I can recall.

Yes, TAG-Heuer made all the arrangements for the trip and picked up the expenses, just like for all the other journalists. Funny, they never asked about my hourly billing rate!!

Jeff

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

: That kind of thing should happen but doesn't
: because these companies are huge businesses
: run on corporate lines. I am sure they will
: spin a fantastic PR line with your
: attendance.

: I hope the paid for your expenses and at least
: their movement into the Museum field
: protects the value of your investment in
: your collection.

: If only you had earned your hourly rate for the
: time on the website spent you would be a
: wealthy man. Lol!

: Did you see if they displayed the cal. 15
: Monaco blue I sent them?

: By the way i loved your selection of watches
: you took with you.....Lol!

: I bet they didn't get any of it..........

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE