The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
As important as 12 Feb is, 10/11 March is moreso…

OTD -- 5th Anniversary / Feb. 12th / Scan or Chat Posted By: jeff stein Date: 2/7/08 03:20 GMT

Guys:

We launched OnTheDash on February 12, 2003, at 11:42 PM (Eastern Time / GMT -5), meaning that we will be celebrating our Fifth Anniversary, this coming Tuesday. [Just for fun, the original "launch" message, sent to 81 recipients, is shown below!]

In honor of the anniversary, let's have a Scan Day / Discussion Day on the theme of where we were and what we were doing five years ago.

Here are some topics for discussion: As always, you can feel free to post a photo (or five photos) or just share some thoughts. If you prefer a different timeframe, then look back 10 years or even 10 weeks . . . whatever makes you happy!!

It's been a fantastic five years, so let's mark the occasion on February 12th!!

Jeff

Hi Jeff,

Great thoughts and I'm sure I will participate, however...

As important as the 12 February 2003 date is to me, it is not as important as the 10/11 March 2003 date. What's that you may ask? That is the day this forum went live/active and Heuer [and TAG-Heuer] owners or aspirants had a place of their own to talk, discuss or ask about watches from this great brand after years of haing their voice lost in the maelstrom of unrelated posts in public or "non-denominational" Vintage watch forums.

We finally had a clubhous we could call our own which the brand deserved for so long. While 12 February will always be a special day the 10/11 March 2003 date is just as important if not more important in my book.

In looking back through the forum [in the 129th two week page of posts, I find it very interesting that the first non-administrative and/or welcome post was by Jack Gertson talking about the Ford Split Lap Unit 77, a watch you most recently added to your collection!

I personally will be recorded as having make the first quasi-Off-Topic post when I noted on the 12th that Amazon.com was taking pre-orders for the Steve McQueen classic movie "LeMans" which of course is of great interest to Heuer owners/collectors who enjoy spotting watches being worn by the actors in their roles...

So I'm looking forward to celebrating 10/11 March just as much!

Cheers!

-- Chuck

Chuck Maddox

Chronographs, like most finer things in life, only improve with time...
Watch Article index: http://www.xnet.com/~cmaddox/cm3articles.html,
Watch Links Page: http://www.xnet.com/~cmaddox/watch.html,
Watch Blog: http://chuckmaddoxwatch.blogspot.com/.

Non-Pasadena Pasadena Stainless 7750

Messages In This Thread

OTD -- 5th Anniversary / Feb. 12th / Scan or Chat
Re: OTD -- 5th Anniversary / Feb. 12th / Scan or C
Kudos to Jeff and Welcome to Mr. Babin.
Re: Kudos to Jeff and Welcome to Mr. Babin.
As important as 12 Feb is, 10/11 March is moreso…
Re: OTD -- 5th Anniversary / Feb. 12th / Scan or C
Dear Mr Babin....
a question regarding tag heuer & the lemania5100
Re: a question regarding tag heuer & the lemania51
Swatch Group is not held in high esteem for that decision...
Welcome, M. Babin
2010 - Wish! *PIC*
Chuck REBOOTED: Chuck's thoughts in a more concise form...
Re: Chuck REBOOTED: Chuck's thoughts in a more con
PVD is certainly in the firm's blood!
I agree on PVD
Here are some more PVD Heuer Lots of Pics
TAG Heuer 2010
Re: TAG Heuer 2010
Re: TAG Heuer 2010
Bonjour Mr.Babin !!!
Re: Bonjour Mr.Babin !!!
Original Chronomatic...
If You Have Caliber 12 Movements, We Have Ideas !!
Terrific job Abel.
TAG-Heuer 2010: Rally-Master Pair & Black Monaco
Re: TAG-Heuer 2010: Rally-Master Pair & Black Mona
Welcome Jean-Christophe Welcome.
Re: Welcome Jean-Christophe Welcome.
My pleasure, Jean-Christophe
Greetings Jean-Christophe!! *PIC*
Re: Greetings Jean-Christophe!!
Welcome aboard Jean-Christophe
Re: Welcome aboard Jean-Christophe
Salut Jean-Christophe!
Re: Salut Jean-Christophe!
WOW! This ROCKS! Four Ideas & Additional Thoughts…
WOW!
TAG-Heuer 2010: Suggestions for Mr. Babin
Re: TAG-Heuer 2010: Suggestions for Mr. Babin
¿malign? I have to step in here and clarify...
Re: ¿malign? I have to step in here and clarify...
TAG-Heuer 2010: A Suggestion
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE