The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
¿malign? I have to step in here and clarify...

Re: TAG-Heuer 2010: Suggestions for Mr. Babin Posted By: Mark Moss Date: 2/7/08 16:47:16 GMT

In Response To: TAG-Heuer 2010: Suggestions for Mr. Babin (jeff stein)

Wow indeed. I am impressed and pleased that Jean-Cristophe has taken the time to come and visit us here, and congratulations to Jeff for making such an impression as to encourage him to do so.

As for suggestions, for me the most successful re-editions are those that have been inspired by past models rather than seeking to slavishly recreate them precisely. That said, I would probably consider buying a Jeff Stein special edition AS LONG AS it had a paintless wonder dial finish :) ).

My Heuer collection stops and starts with Carreras, so that's what I'd most like to see, though I know the Carrera is by far the best represented currently so some of the others should have their chance too. Much as Chuck might malign them for not being a "whole" chrono, I do like 2 register chronos

OK, I have to step in here to clarify my opinions some...

I don't think I really, honestly malign two-register models, although they aren't typically my cup of tea, it's just non-12-hour chronographs seem to be of limited utility to me. And a lot of 2-Register chronographs omit 12-hour recording capabilities.

Why? Oh Chronograph Padawan? You may ask. Let's say your going somewhere, say a shopping mall or a flea market or county fair, have set a "Rally point" for getting the group back together after everyone explores individually, and want to set a time to be back of 2 and a half hours... With a Carrera [or Autavia or Monaco] 12 [3-Dial Register] I push the start button and I am good to go. With a chronograph sans 12-hour register, I have to keep track of hours mentally. When I have a 12-hour chronograph all is fine. On the occasions I wear a 30-minute chronograph, enevitably I wish I had [or run into a situation where I need] the 12-Hour dial.

As a result, a sans 12-Hour chronograph is a tough sell to me. I would have no problem if both 2-register and 3-register versions were offered side by side:

[Especially if both had 12-hour subdial]

But if one was offered as a small-seconds/30-Minute Register model, that'd be fine, I'd just pick up the 3-Register version.

I would just rather have a 12-Hour chronograph [preferably with 3-Registers, but 2 are ok].

Fair enough?

Cheers!

-- Chuck

Chuck Maddox

Chronographs, like most finer things in life, only improve with time...
Watch Article index: http://www.xnet.com/~cmaddox/cm3articles.html,
Watch Links Page: http://www.xnet.com/~cmaddox/watch.html,
Watch Blog: http://chuckmaddoxwatch.blogspot.com/.

Non-Pasadena Pasadena Stainless 7750

Messages In This Thread

OTD -- 5th Anniversary / Feb. 12th / Scan or Chat
Re: OTD -- 5th Anniversary / Feb. 12th / Scan or C
Kudos to Jeff and Welcome to Mr. Babin.
Re: Kudos to Jeff and Welcome to Mr. Babin.
As important as 12 Feb is, 10/11 March is moreso…
Re: OTD -- 5th Anniversary / Feb. 12th / Scan or C
Dear Mr Babin....
a question regarding tag heuer & the lemania5100
Re: a question regarding tag heuer & the lemania51
Swatch Group is not held in high esteem for that decision...
Welcome, M. Babin
2010 - Wish! *PIC*
Chuck REBOOTED: Chuck's thoughts in a more concise form...
Re: Chuck REBOOTED: Chuck's thoughts in a more con
PVD is certainly in the firm's blood!
I agree on PVD
Here are some more PVD Heuer Lots of Pics
TAG Heuer 2010
Re: TAG Heuer 2010
Re: TAG Heuer 2010
Bonjour Mr.Babin !!!
Re: Bonjour Mr.Babin !!!
Original Chronomatic...
If You Have Caliber 12 Movements, We Have Ideas !!
Terrific job Abel.
TAG-Heuer 2010: Rally-Master Pair & Black Monaco
Re: TAG-Heuer 2010: Rally-Master Pair & Black Mona
Welcome Jean-Christophe Welcome.
Re: Welcome Jean-Christophe Welcome.
My pleasure, Jean-Christophe
Greetings Jean-Christophe!! *PIC*
Re: Greetings Jean-Christophe!!
Welcome aboard Jean-Christophe
Re: Welcome aboard Jean-Christophe
Salut Jean-Christophe!
Re: Salut Jean-Christophe!
WOW! This ROCKS! Four Ideas & Additional Thoughts…
WOW!
TAG-Heuer 2010: Suggestions for Mr. Babin
Re: TAG-Heuer 2010: Suggestions for Mr. Babin
¿malign? I have to step in here and clarify...
Re: ¿malign? I have to step in here and clarify...
TAG-Heuer 2010: A Suggestion
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE