The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
OT: Racing, Rolex and Watches.. (many scans)

DED asked me to post this, since Racing is in the heart of Heuer and while this is not the Carrera Panamericana, its still an exciting event.

Jeff,I hope that I dont crash the new servers with this many scans :)

Rolex 24hrs at Daytona 2008.

I had the opportunity to go there and had unrestricted access. Anyway, it was a heck of lot of fun.. I was trying to decide what watch to wear...maybe one for each day..

Lets start with the "tunnels" that go under the track and into the inside field..

I was there with the no 17 a Porsche 997 GT supercup car which had an unusual sponsor and paint scheme..

Hood, Rachel Welch.
Roof, Bridget B
Driver side, Clint Eastwood,
Pass side, Frank Sinatra
and Rear...the eyes of Steve McQueen

Practice and testing.. the waiting is the hardest part.

Drivers included, Juan Pablo Montoya, Helios Castaneves (sp), Jimmy Johnson, Hurley Haywood plus several other celebs..

Getting started

Recognize the watch? a little predictable..

I wore my Daytona as expected, but also my 5512 from 1962, the first time the Daytona 24hr was run.

The infield was also fun, PCA has a Pcar only parking section with over 200 cars!

Messages In This Thread

OT: Racing, Rolex and Watches.. (many scans)
Re: OT: Racing, Rolex and Watches.. (many scans)
Fantastic Message and Photos
Re: Fantastic Message and Photos
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE