The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: super rare egg . . .
In Response To: Re: super rare egg . . . ()

This watch was also available N.O.S. from Old World Jewelers in Chicago. They bought them as well as several other Breitling 1969 - 1973 models at an auction several years ago. I paid $1799 for mine last Summer and they sold the last one in the Fall of 2007 for $1999. These, as well as many other great Breitling models, were available from them for several years. They all had the original swiss price stickers on the back. They had been in a bank vault after the death of Willy Breitling. A Joseph Iten bought them in 1979 and apparently Old World (Ron Gewinger) bought them around 2000-2001 at his estate auction. They ran full page ads in "Wristwatch Annual 2003" and Cooksey Shugarts's 2004, 2005 and 2006 editions ("Complete Guide to . . .". This Superocean uses the caliber 12 and is a big, 48 mm watch. Mine runs great. Don't know about the "only 20 made" but I'm sure it's pretty rare, especially N.O.S.. Check old Old World Jewelers at www.ewatchshow.com. I also bought a Datora and a model 820 gold filled chrono from them. Pristine stuff! I'm shocked more people aren't aware of this collection. They are now down to just 5 models and a few stop watches, from this collection but Tina there says they may get a few more from their European partner this month! There was an article in IW a few years back about this collection.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE