The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Sorry...
In Response To: Scan Day ()

... was a little eager to post the pic's and did not have time to write anything.

First pic shows a Grand Seiko SBGW005 on the left. This one is hand wound using the 9S54 movement (adjusted in 6 positions). Mine is from 2004. I especially like the "boxed" sapphire crystal. Next to it is a GS SBGR023 equipped with the automatic movement 9S55. Also from 2004.

Next picture shows an SBQL005 next to the SBGR023. The SBQL is a quartz perpetual calendar +/-20s per year and 8 years battery life. The perfect reference.

Third pic is a pair of chornographs. On the left the Grand Seiko Spring Drive Chronograph GMT. Movement is 9R86 with +/- 15s per month (actual is +/-1s per month. As it is a spring drive the second hand has a constant movement (no tics).
The blue one is a 6139-6002 from the early seventies. The yellow dialed version of this was the first chrono in space.

Yes, I like Seikos.

The below picture also includes a Marine Master, a Grand Seiko GMT, SBGE001 and a "golden" one from my birth year 1968.
Photobucket

Last pic in the previous post shows the Swedish "Semla", the normal one next to one with chocolate.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE