The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Need pictures to help, otherwise you can research…
In Response To: My Heuer ?? ()

My Heuer ?? Posted By: Gary Rogers Date: 3/26/08 09:54 GMT

Hi,

can anybody help ?

Best I can do is reply. If it's helpful will likely depend upon the beholder...

I recently bought a Heuer ?

I don't know I can answer that.

from a local jewellers but i am unable to trace it anywhere. I was told that the watch had been inspected and as it is a long standing reputable firm I had no reason to question it.

OK...

However, the more I look into this watch, the more i think there is something not quite right with it. From what i can make out it is an early Heuer that may be a Argentina Air Force issue. It has their insignia on the back. It is a manual wind 2nd execution case with screw back which all appears in order.

I am not familiar at all with the Argie AF issue. So I can't help you on that.

I have not checked the movement as I do not have the tool to do this.

The tool can cost as little as $10. It's probably a good idea to invest in one.

I was told that the hour hands have been replaced but the rest is ok. The watch has 2 sub dials both silver on a gloss black dial. The dial has a tachymeter scale round the edge and the Heuer logo is present in the usual place and swiss made at the bottom of the dial. there are splits on the 45 register dial at 3,6, and 9 and on the seconds dial 20,40,60 and then a smaller 80 which is sideways at the 10 second mark ?

It is exceptionally difficult to visualize this. Is there anyway you could post a picture or two [or more]. There's a reason why it's said "A picture paints a thousand words"...

The dial has silver applied hour markers which are short and stubby and has had illuminous paint applied to the tips. The chronograph second hand is red. The bezel is thin and gloss black with numbers 1 to 11 with an arrow at 12, it does rotate.

Again, pictures would be most helpful.

Can anybody point me in the right direction with this and shed any light on this model ??

Your best bet, short of posting photo's would be to try to match your watch up with what's pictured in the Chronograph Galleries...

Any help would be appreciated.

You also might find this page useful in detailing how to do research on On The Dash.com...
Researching a Heuer Carrera on OnTheDash.com ...:

Many Thanks, Gary.

Hope this is helpful...
-- Chuck

Chuck Maddox

Chronographs, like most finer things in life, only improve with time...
Watch Article index: http://www.xnet.com/~cmaddox/cm3articles.html,
Watch Links Page: http://www.xnet.com/~cmaddox/watch.html,
Watch Blog: http://chuckmaddoxwatch.blogspot.com/.

Non-Pasadena Pasadena Stainless 7750

Messages In This Thread

My Heuer ??
Need pictures to help, otherwise you can research…
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE