The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Fakes, question for Jeff *PIC*

I have recently been considering setting up a website to expose all types of vintage watch fakes (particularly on eBay) and list and update them on a daily basis. It is really starting to bother me that some of these fakes are going to get so good that even experts will not be able to spot them. I don't think this will be far off in the future, the technology is certainly there and the money to be made is just too tempting. Before I proceed with the idea, I wanted to get your thoughts on legal issues if someone was to do this. Thanks, Craig
PS - attached is something I put together for my own collection. NOS case and dial with a rare Landeron cal 13

Messages In This Thread

Fakes, question for Jeff *PIC*
Legal Issues / Practical Questions
Re: Legal Issues / Practical Questions
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE