The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: French-Made Heuers (Monnin)
In Response To: French-Made Heuers ()

:
: I believe that there was a period when Heuer
: made some chronographs and dive watches in
: France. I am unclear on the details, but
: will undertake to learn more about these
: watches.

: Jeff

Dear Jeff,

thanks for your answer.

I did some research in the meantime. Actually I bought that wacht at the "TechnoClassica" the biggest Oldtimer Fair in Europe. I do have some knowledge about old cars. But not realy about Heuer watches.

From what I got out of the web the facts are as follows: In the late 70s Heuer asked Monnin in France to produce some watches (chronometers) for them and Monnin in France produced them. This production line was for Export to Canada and the States.In Germany, they are called "The French Chronos". The one I bought has blue auxilliary faces and the red brand "CHAMPION" (the spark plug brand)down at the 6. However, normally the auxilliary faces were gray.
Monnin got bankrupt a couple of years ago and somebody bought the liquidation assests in which he could find still old cases and faces so that there are some new-old-stock pieces floating around. Prices in Germany are around EUR 700 to 900.

How is your French Chrono looking? Also gray? What is the value for such watches in the US?

Kind regards and best wishes from Germany,

Karsten
E-Mail: drkerber@gmx.de

For pics: Please check out the following URL:
http://www.watchlounge.com/wbb2/wl/thread.php?threadid=25128&sid=7ed3c0f7535de2b8660575de4ab58102

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE