The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Nope, full automatic, no flash in Macro mode…
In Response To: Re: Questions about the Photos ()

Chuck,

Are you using your 995 in manual with a change in the light setting to compensate for the difference in light source?

Nope, full automatic, no flash in the Macro mode, at least for these shots.

Are you using an MC-EU1 remote control trigger to eliminate shake?(do a search on ebay for them)

I've seen those in the past, and I probably should consider them. Although, my cousin the professional photog. just got one of these new Canon Digital Rebel EOS 6.3mp SLR's that looks VERY sweet... I dunno... I have some other goals this comming year and although the Camera is the cheapest, it's probably the least necessary.

Nice pics, Chuck. I think on these scan days or in general it is helpful if folks could describe the camera and settings and any unique lighting techniques. We can all benefit by trying to improve our shots. Although there are plently of photo forums out there, taking pics of shiny watches with crystals is special and we could all use tips.

Hmmm... I suppose I could do that. I could create another page in my notepad with the pertenent information easily enough...

Seriously, there is nothing at all extravagant about my current camera setup. In fact I was using a more sophisticated lighting scheme last year before things started piling up around here.

-- Chuck

Chuck Maddox

(Article index @ http://www.xnet.com/~cmaddox/cm3articles.html)

Non-Pasadena Pasadena Stainless 7750

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE