The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Wedding-Quiz....Finally!!!

So, for those "new" on this forum and also for the older ones who already forgot ;-)) I married on September 22th 2007 and made a promise at that time (well in fact several to my wife Véronique and only one to the visitors of this forum).

I promised to launch a little quiz to celebrate my wedding with a nice Heuer-related prize for the winner!! Almost being 8 months married now there hasn't changed much over here...only lack of time and money!! I guess this is equal for must of us...

OK. Here's the deal: There will follow two short and very simple questions. The first question has to be answerred correctly, the second question has to be a guess of your side. The one who has answerred both questions correctly or the first question correctly and the second question closest to the correct answer...obviously wins, if there are two or more persons with the same answers I will have to ask an additional question :-))

What's the prize?? Well, that's up to the winner!! The winner can choose from 2 options!! Or he wins a crystal caseback suited for the 1163-11630 Autavia models. Here' a picture:

Or he can choose for four perforated leather straps which I have custom made. I cannot post a picture of these straps right now because I still haven't received them yet, I hope to receive them within a week or two. Will be available in black and dark blue, both in 20mm and 22mm.

First question:
Which watch did I wear on my wedding day?? I'll give you five options:

1. Heuer Monaco 1133b
2. Heuer Monaco 1533g
3. Movado Black Sapphire "Museum watch"
4. Heuer Montreal, goldplated model.
5. None

Second question:
In which year was this picture made?? Knowing that the litlle boy is my grand-father and I'm 28 years old at this moment.
Have a look at this picture:

So, gentleman, post your answer on this forum so it's visible for everybody. Answers sent to my e-mail will not be valid, only the answer posted on this forum will make a chance to win the prize. This quiz will end on Saturday 10th of May at 21:00 GMT.

I wish good luck to all of you.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE