The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
In Response To: calibre 11 / 7740 *LINK* ()

Nic,
Here is some internet info I collected a few years ago when I too had questions about it and its' relationship to the cal. 11.
I think it was probably aced out by the 7750/7760

Valjoux 7740
Lever movement, stem wind,date, chronograph mechaism with cams and swinging pinion, 1/5second,30minute and 12hour register,Diameter 31mm, 14lignes,height7.7mm BPH28800,17jewels

Heuer Calculator it runs a valjoux 7740 movement which has the same chronograph module as the cal 11/12 but with a manual wind movement. Other cal 11/12 Heuers also ran this (and it's derivitive the 7741) movement but production numbers of all were very small.

The Valjoux 7740 has been used by Breitling in a tricompax configuration like in my watch or in two register based chronographs without the small second, looking like a manual version of the Cal.12. In this case, the watch is called Navitimer 7806-S.This movement can be found in other types of Breitlings, in the Monte Carlo by Excelsior Park and Bulova is one of the scarce watchmakers who used it.

The calibre 7740 will have a short career, used between 1972 and 1974, and will quickly be forsaken for the benefit of the Valjoux 773X series (whose production started before the introduction of the 7740), as they had a more economical production.

For Breitling or Tag 11, or Valjoux 7740, Calendar disk , US$15 - Promo Code:288 , plus shipment
For Breitling or Tag 11, or Valjoux 7740, Oscillating wheel , US$40 - Promo Code:287 , plus shipment

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE