The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
The Mystery of S.A.V.I.C. ? ? ?
In Response To: Heuer pocket chronograph ()

It's always a great moment when the visitors make the decision to post the first message on this Forum . . . welcome!! And you are making your debut with a fine looking chronograph!!

Over the years, the meaning of "S.A.V.I.C" has been a great mystery, for me and others who collect the vintage Heuers. I have seen the name on a variety of stopwatches and handheld chronographs, but have never been able to learn anything about the meaning of the abbreviation / initials.

I have always imagined that S.A.V.I.C. is the abbreviation of some European automobile club (parallel to the S.C.C.A. -- Sport Car Club of America), but I have not found a single shred of evidence on the subject.

Who can solve this mystery?

Jeff

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

: Long overdue intro...I've been visiting OTD for
: a couple of years now for my regular
: Heuer-kick; have a Carrera cal.15 with
: original rice bead, but it's been spending
: all it's time at my watchmaker since the day
: I got it (3 years ago I think...)
: When I found this and looked at the movement, I
: had to have it...!
:

: Beautiful blued hands...
:

: Anyone have an idea what SAVIC is?

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE