The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Heuer 510.513 repair

I have a Heuer Cortina automatic - 510.513 - that I picked up some years ago. It is a different watch then the 2 register Cortina. This one has a blue dial, plastic domed crystal, with a Lemania 5012 movement. I believe Brian posted a message with a pic of one back on 10/25/03. Anyway I need to have it serviced, have the crystal replaced, and the watch resealed. My local watchmaker cannot seem to get the parts, and the service facility for TAG/Heuer is no help either. Can anyone recommend a place (preferrably in the United States) that can service this watch?

By the way, about 3 years ago I saw on the TimeFactors.com website a watch that looked exactly like this one, to the last detail, except that it had a different logo on the dial. I think it was Bucherer but I can't be sure anymore.
At the time I didn't have available watch money, but now of course I wish I had bought this one. I wonder who made what for whom?

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE