The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
new arrival, need some input... *PIC*

on this zodiac. case is marked as 734713, has a fixed, flat tachymeter bezel. there is no ref. to this case # in the master ref. guide. don't know if you can tell from the pic, but has a fat rounded cushion shape to it, not chiseled and angular. measurements are about 13mm thick, from crystal to caseback, 47mm from lug to lug, and 41mm from side to side minus the crown. also it's pushers are round and not fluted. now for the kicker came from the original owner (or so he claims?), had the box, hangtag, but must have lost the manual. i'm pretty sure of this as his name is engraved on the back (which i hate, but oh well) and looks old, not recent. owner claimed it as never having been serviced or anything replaced on it, which i'm not so sure of. so what do you guy's think? poor man's heuer, or a frankenpoormansheuer? dial looks right to me (poor man's autavia), maybe not for this watch? the tachymeter fixed bezel, looks very suspicious? comments please, no need to sugarcoat.

sorry about the lousy pic.

j.h.

Messages In This Thread

new arrival, need some input... *PIC*
Looks "Right", Except for the Bezel *LINK*
thanks Jeff! *NM*
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE