The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Lets hear about your worst watch repair experi

Craig
Sorry the project didn't go better.
FWIW, I think that this is slippery slope at best, with people's reputations at stake when we name names.
A friend of mine is a famous guitar builder.
A customer posts on a guitar forum about all the problems he had with the neck of the guitar he bought back in 1992 and how he ultimately got frustrated and sold it.
I asked my friend about it. He said that the buyer insisted on using softer and more flexible cedar instead of spruce for the guitar. The builder had never built from cedar before and tried to dissuade the buyer. He still insisted
The guitar was a problem from day one and the builder worked on it several times, for free, trying to get it right. He's never built another cedar guitar.
Needless to say, the disgruntled buyer never mentioned any of this in his post about the guitar.

Messages In This Thread

Lets hear about your worst watch repair experience
Re: Lets hear about your worst watch repair experi
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE