The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Two Hervues -- Abercrombie and Beyer *LINK*
In Response To: hervue on the dash ()

Here are two of the co-branded Hervues -- one made for Abercrombie & Fitch (the US sporting goods retailer) and the other made for Beyer (the Swiss jewelry retailer). The Beyer piece is part of my collection, and it is also a surprisingly good timekeeper (within around 10 seconds per day).

I would date both of these between the mid-1930's, when the Hervue was introduced, and around 1950. Below is a link to all the Hervues shown in OnTheDash.com.

Since these are so rare, it would be great to add some photos of your Hervue.

Thanks for posting your message.

Jeff

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

: I recentlly came into possesion of a Hervue on
: the dash,with the name of Ambercrombie
: &Fitch also is on the face of timepeice.It
: is still mounted on a peice of burlwood
: glovebox door from the mid. 30s. british
: type racing car, Any info on when
: Ambercrombie&Fitch first started to sell
: them would be greatlly appreciated. It still
: keeps perfect time and is in amazing shape
: which I guess is just how well they were
: built. thanks to whomever can help

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE