The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
2-Reg: 1163T, 3-Reg: 73663T

I like that Autavia. Which Model is it?

Why it's the 1163T (3rd execution - correction from earlier post) "Jo Siffert" Autavia...

OnTheDash has a bunch of information on this model, including the overview, the Reference 1163T (Later_Version) gallery, the Autavia Reference Table a segment of which follows...

Autavia Reference Table (segment)

Case Ref.
Model Ref.
Description
Dial Colors
Movt.
Crystal
Registers/Date
Catalog Dates
Price New

T

"Chronomatic" above Heuer logo; hands have squared ends

White/Black

P
two/12 hrs
c69

T

“Autavia” above Heuer logo; polished (early)/brushed(later) hands, with luminous inserts

White/Black

P
two/12 hrs
c69, 70/71

T

automatic-style case

White/Black

P
three/12 hrs
72, 74

72-$195

Notes: Model Ref. -- M: bezel marked for Minutes, H: bezel marked for Hours, MH: bezel marked for both Minutes and Hours, T: bezel Tachymeter bezel. Registers/Date: shows number of registers and maximum time recorded; shows when date is included on manual wind models (All automatics: Calibre's 11, 12, 14,15, have date), The first GMT Auto is actually a modified c.11 movement, later on the c.14 evolved from the faster beat c.12 and this modified c.11.... Crystal -- Plastic or Mineral. Catalog Dates -- dates refer to catalogs or brochures, unless with 'c' before the year (c74 means circa 1974, for example...).

These tables were compiled by and are the property of Bruce Mackie, Hans Schrag, Chuck Maddox and Jeff Stein (OnTheDash); Unauthorized use is prohibited. Contact Jeff Stein for information about authorized uses. Copyright © 2003 by the above. Last Updated: 2003.05.16.09.58.55 - CM3

The two-register example in my pictures is the one referred to in the white row of the table above, the three-register example is referenced by the blue row...

Jeff posted an poignant message in the forum about Siffert and Sue...

and I have posted some screen snaps of Jo Siffert from the movie LeMans... Unfortunatly we can't see his watch, but Lugo Bratte wears one of the "Jo Siffert" models...

I have been looking long for that type of dial and color combination.

Well, you still have some refining to do (which specific model you want), and then there is the hunt! It took me a couple of years, but I finally bagged one, and Jeff did recently too!

Mark.

Hope this helps!

-- Chuck

Chuck Maddox

(Article index @ http://www.xnet.com/~cmaddox/cm3articles.html)

Non-Pasadena Pasadena Stainless 7750

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE