The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Collectors Summit: first impressions and the 1133N Monaco

Hi Jeff and other Heuer Lovers,

The Heuer Collectors Summit at TAG Heuer was a dream and I think that I am talking on behalf of all that were there:
Fabrizio Rebella, Jan Lund, David Chalmers, Jasper Bitter, Abel Court, Arno Haslinger, Maarten van Helden and myself.

Not only the program was simply fantastic, we were really given the feeling that we are part of the TAG Heuer family. I and maybe some of the others will send their stories to Onthedash soon. Talking to Mr Babin who spent several hours with us, sharing memories with retired watchmaker Jean-Jacques Racine, our contacts with our fantastic host Fabienne Chalchat ( "Hi Fabienne"should you read this) and Museum Conservator Mathilde Tournois and of course the evening with Jack Heuer were simply unforgettable. And then not to forget the two TAG Heuer watchmakers showing unhuman patience in training us on how to do some basic service work on the Monaco ( springs and hands and screws were airborne every few minutes, hahaha..).
Anyhow I will post some more comprehensive memories this weekend.

For now I only wanted to share with you that Heuer did sell a 1133N. The 1133N is the Heuer version with the all grey resp.black dial. The 1133G is the version which has somewhat contrasting subdials in grey/black.This was confirmed to me by Mr Racine who was a senior watchmaker at Heuer since the sixties. There are more interesting details that we found out, but I am sure that the others will address these as well. E.g. production volumes of the Monaco: much lower then we ever thought. I will leave that to Arno and Jasper, to comment on.

All the best for now!
Ron Henselmans

P.S. Jeff: we missed you, but can understand the reasons. Now....we want to know what the surprise is!!!!

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE