The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
At Last -- Project 99 (Part Two)

Readers:

Over the past few months, I have been researching and writing about the "Chronomatic" (Caliber 12) chronographs, and the joint venture (Project 99) through which these chronographs were developed. Part One of my "Project 99" article appeared in the March 2008 issue of International Watch magazine, and Part Two appeared in the May 2008 issue of the magazine. In Part Two, we tackle the question that has been asked so many times, and which has received so many conflicting answers: "Who offered the world's first automatic chronograph, was it Heuer-Breitling, Zenith or Seiko?" You can read the article, for my version of the "answer"!!

Now that these magazines have cleared the newsstands, I wanted to post this webpage version of Parts One and Two of the "Project 99" series. Here is a link to the Project 99 webpage, or you can view it through the I-Frame, posted below. As time permits, I will also post PDF versions of the articles; if you are not able to get the magazine, and might want a PDF version of the articles, please send me an e-mail message.

I hope that you will enjoy this webpage, and I would welcome comments, questions, suggestions, etc. The great thing about publishing on the internet is that I can update the article, as I receive additional information.

Jeff

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE