The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
How Many Differences Are There (Carrera 2547N & Poor Man's)?

Yesterday, Arno Haslinger sent around photos of two Carrera 12 Datos (Reference 2547N), with the challenge too see how many differences we can spot, in comparing the two chronographs. After some interesting e-mail traffic, I thought that it was time to post the photos on this Forum. But to add an element, I will add a third chronograph . . . one of my favorite of the Poor Man's Heuers, this one from Clebar.

So let the contest begin!! Tell us how many differences you can detect between the two Carreras (with Carrera "A" on the top and Carrera "B" on the bottom), and then what additional differences between the Carreras and the Clebar?

Thanks to Arno for the photos; thanks to everyone for your answers!!

Jeff

The one shown below is "Carrera A" . . .

The one shown below is "Carrera B" . . .

The one shown below is the Poor Man's Carrera 12, made by Heuer for Clebar . . .

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE