The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
no photoshop...

I do love photoshop but this photo is unaltered. Actually I think that the photo doesnt do justice to the size differential.
The photo only shows width (area) of the watch - but in three dimensions it is about volume. Very roughly I'd say the ploprof face is double the area of the triple date. But it is three times as thick, so we are talking six times the volume...

Of course there are bigger watches out there these days (bell&ross br01 is 46mm, to name one) but in 1970s it really must have looked bizarre.

I have to sign off with the words of the great chuck maddox - who was not a big ploprof fan - he said something like (I can't remember exactly) "wearing a ploprof to go to the shops is like bringing an aqualung to a paddling pool" .....I love the comment, even if I admit I do sometimes wear it to go to the shops...

:

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE