The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
I Was Surprised to See the Dsicount (to $2,550)

I had admired the overall look of this Silverstone, and absolutely expected the "hammer price" to start with a "3".

People will seem to accept wabi / patina / age on the older ones (40's and 50's), but NOS / mint seems to be the order of the day for the 60's / 70's guys. On the older ones, shown below, I suspect that premium for Mint is not so huge (compared with the price for an average sample). Not so, for the Silverstones (and Carreras and Monacos).

Jeff

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

: Well, I actually thought that it was rather nice.
: -I would have bid, but for the import tax to get it back into the
: U.K.

: I like a little character, (Wabi, Patina or what ever you like to
: call it),
: at least it LOOKS like an old watch!

: -You only have to think of the "Paintless Wonder"!

: If the piece is perfect, firstly, I would be afraid to wear it for
: fear of making that first mark on it! Secondly, to the untrained
: eye, a perfect piece simply looks new!
: Surely a VINTAGE watch should look vintage?

: (I should dedicate this opinion to Chuck, as he made me see the
: light!)
: Thanks Chuck, where ever you are..........

: Graham.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE