The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
New Arrival No. 4 -- Sinn EZM 1 / Less is More

this one is not so much a "new arrival", as new portraiture.

I had been chasing the legendary Sinn EZM 1's for a long time, but without success; received this one many months ago; finally took some photos last night.

When I opened the box and saw this chrono "in the metal" for the first time, the reaction was muted . . . like, "so what's the big deal here?". The watch quickly grew on me, and I think that it is spectacular!! There is somthing about the minimalist design, the ultimate legibility, the plain black dial, and the most unusual element of all is the crystal!! I can't explain the uniqueness of this crystal, but the combination crystal / bezel / dial gives the EZM 1 a very special look. Bottom line: the EZM 1 has has displaced the Tutima as the chrono to wear for the morning run (so long as I am running under one hour, why carry the extra weight of the hour recorder)!

Between the Sinn and the Tutima, we have two examples of the minimalist / less-is-more approach to chrono design!!

Who else can share a favorite "less is more" watch or chronograph?

Jeff

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE