The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Stand Looks Great / So How is the Market, on the Frontline?

the stand looks excellent . . . very nice to see!! we will hope to see more photos of the event.

so here is my question: without asking specifically about your own business, of course, how do you see this market (gas at $4.50 per gallon here in the U.S. and the recession either at hand or soon to begin)? I hear some dealers grumbling about having too much inventory and not enough buyers, but how are things out on the "front" -- With the customers who can still take their million-dollar cars to a vintage racing weekend? With the spectators? What trends do you see, for specific models of the Heuers?

Maybe I am too optimistic, but to me it seems that the market for vintage watches may be soft in some areas, but our very specialized niche seems to be more-or-less OK for the moment. Would you agree? I see some Monacos that are not sold at $9,000 / I hear of them sold in private transactions well above that level. What do others see lately?

Jeff

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

: Hi Heuer Lovers,
: iris and i just came home frome the le mans classic event ( france
: ). WAU unbelieveble !! what a great event & perfectly
: organizied and with nearly 100 fantastic vintage cars in the
: races and the paddock!!

: Classicheuer proudly presented its new stand design in the very
: exclusiv paddock of the le mans race track!!!
:
:

: All racecars had to pass our classicheuer stand on the way to the
: start grid!! you can belive me it was loud and very exiting
: too!!

: i will later post a pic of A porsche 917 pic in front of our stand

: and a pic from le mans winner Larrousse 1972 and juergen barth 1974
: how both had just bought arnos new heuer book at our stand !

: greetings Jasper

: PS: Thanks to all the heuer collectors and lovers how visited us on
: the new stand , mostly french and british heuer fans!!!!

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE