The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
I Know Very Little About These / Where is the File Cabinet ?
In Response To: Indianapolis Dialed Heuers ()

Arno:

I know very little about these "special" dials for Indianapolis. I imagine that there must have been a series of orders for these over the years, with different Heuer models used for the watches. Still, I have never heard any information about how many were produced for each series, who received the watches, etc.

Far more frequently, we see the pair of stopwatches with the Indianapolis Motor Speedway dials . . . but even these are not so common.

So where is the file cabinet, probably from the 1960's, with the records of these special chronographs? Correspondence with the Speedway and the invoices? Somewhere in New Jersey (more likely) or maybe in Switzerland (less likely)? Or -- most likely of all -- somewhere in a landfill, in New Jersey? Wouldn't it be amazing to have this file cabinet, for our review?

Jeff

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

: Hi All,

: we know from Jack Heuer that these limited editions were produced
: in a quantity of 20 to 100 watches.
: We have seen Sunoco, Sebring, MG, Shelby, Indianapolis,
: Volvo...special dial prints on Heuers.
: In the Museum there is an Autavia with Indy printed dial, so far I
: have seen mainly Carreras.
: I would like to know how many Indys are out there in collectors
: hands ?

: Cheers

: Arno

: www.heuerchronographs.com

:
:
:
:
:
:

Messages In This Thread

Indianapolis Dialed Heuers
I Know Very Little About These / Where is the File Cabinet ?
Re: I Know Very Little About These / Where is the File Cabin
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE