The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Wrong
In Response To: thanks for the info Ron... ()

David and his wife purchased on Ebay two of the three Blue Dial Heuer Monaco worn by Steve McQueen and used in the movie "24 hours at Lemans" from Don Numley the property manager on the set of "Lemans". David sold one of his two original Monaco to Florian Wuertz of Austria who inturn sold it. The third original Heuer Monaco worn by Steve McQueen in the movie is in the possession of Don Numley according to Suzie, Don's confidant. According to Don there were only three Heuer Monaco's used in the production and not 15. The photo David has displayed of his Heuer Monaco is one of only three original Monacos used on the set and worn by McQueen. All this has been address in previous posting on the Forum. I have reserched all of this and my finding are correct. Charles Rush.

: i'm going to try to word this very carefully...

: David was nice enough to email me the story
: (THANKS! David), and it was a very
: interesting and somewhat fascinating tale of
: being/doing the right things at the right
: time in the right place. i believe he does
: have one of the fifteen or has the mcqueen
: monaco? either way if mcqueen wore all 15
: during filming, they would all be the
: mcqueen watch in my book. it doesn't matter
: what i think, because either way i got all
: the answers i wanted. which is all i really
: care about on this issue. please no flames
: or trouble starting as that is not my
: intention. just wanted to thank both David
: and Ron for the info.

: j.h.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE