The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
A Pilot that's only flown once

I guess this fits the aviation theme as this is known as the Pilot. It doesn't have a lot of flight hours, perhaps about 2 as it flew over from the seller in Switzerland, otherwise it is pretty much unworn.

I think these vintage Zenith Pilots are amazing watches, cool design, great presence but not overdone like some modern watches. I know they were a favourite (among many) for Chuck Maddox, he had one in his collection.

I'm with Jeff and Kayvan thinking that the vintage Zeniths are undervalued compared to their cool styling and superior (?) movements. I guess there is no signature model worn by a cult figure to drag up prices - no Mcqueen, Siffert, Aldrin, Bond, Cousteau, etc. But the intrinsic value and quality of these watches beside the historical connection is as good as Heuer & Omega for me, and better than Breitling. I guess they need a dedicated internet site!

Messages In This Thread

A Pilot that's only flown once
very nice, Shaun!!
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE