The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Tag Heuer Autavia CY2111 Help
In Response To: Tag Heuer Autavia CY2111 Help ()

Hi Shawn , i can happily inform you that you can manually wind this watch ( although its probably not wise to make it a regular habbit ) . The lack of resistance as you wind it is correct, you cant over wind these mechanism's. I would recommend a service on the watch through a Tag dealer ( not cheap but quality of service is guaranteed - keep the invoice as a service record can add value to the watch ) My observation is that many Cal.11/12 powered watches that have bracelets on have sometimes been stored laying on their side. Thus any service oils upon the mechanism gradually run to one side over a period of time causing a "gloop" of oil on one spot. This gloop will sometimes stop your watch - this trasit is more commonly observed on the chronograph function - i think we've all had a timer stop on the 59 sec mark, due to gloop, at some stage.

Hope this helps - Darren

: I just recently purchase a Tag Autavia Cy2111 automatic chronograph
: watch. I beleive this is the latest model Autavia and was
: discontinued a couple of years ago. My question is, the watch
: keeps stopping while I am wearing it. I shake for about 1 minute
: before I wear it and several hours later I notice it stops. The
: water is in prestine condition and I don't think it is broken. I
: do not have the instruction manual. Is there a procedure for
: winding this watch that I don't know about. The crown is at the
: 9:00 position and I don't beleive you can wind this model by
: hand. When I turn the crown I do not feel the winding resistance
: like I do on my Rolex or Omega. Any help would be appreciated.

: Thanks

: Shawn

Messages In This Thread

Tag Heuer Autavia CY2111 Help
Re: Tag Heuer Autavia CY2111 Help
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE