The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
End of the Summer Scans: Rarest of All

Just to get readers in the mood for the end of the Summer Scan weekend, here are photos that I have received which I would classify as the "Rarest of the Summer" (or maybe even the rarest of all time).

This is the very first version of the Mareographe, likely from 1953. Maybe it's the rarest Heuer of all . . . beyond the Chronomatics, beyond the black PVD Monacos, beyond the Ford Split Lap Unit 77s. I have seen exactly three of these:

• one in the TAG-Heuer Museum, in La Chaux-de-Fonds,
  • one at the International Museum of Horology, in La Chaux-de-Fonds, and
  • the one shown below.

I was thrilled to receive these photos; a little disappointed that the owner is not interested in selling or trading; happy to share with OTD / Chronocentric readers!!

So think about the rare ones that you have seen this summer!!

Jeff

Messages In This Thread

End of the Summer Scans: Rarest of All
Re: End of the Summer Scans
Scan Weekend - Hey guys, where are your End of Summer Scans?
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE