The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Tag Heuer Aquaracer Chronograph Day/Date Problems

Hi everyone! Just purchased an Aquaracer Chronograph Day/Date! The one with the 43mm face... so excited...

I have noticed two small issues with mine... not sure if it's normal or whether I should send it into Tag to get fixed...

Problem #1 The bottom dial or hour circle (excuse my ignorance at what it's called! sorry!) when reset... doesn't land directly on the 12 but slightly to the right of it...

Problem #2 The days of the week seem to be lose... if i tap the watch on one end it sort of half disappears to one side and if i tap it on the other end, it half disappears to the other side.

I assumed problem #1 was something that could be fixed by pressing some buttons... but I have no idea if that is true...

Didn't realize problem #2 was really an issue until I realized it was loose.

Any suggestions? Anyone else have these issues?

THANK YOU!

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE