The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Sometimes, I Do Worry

I know so little about the technology of websites and servers, and Chronocentric and OnTheDash have gotten so large and complex (at least compared with what they were five years ago), and with hosting companies coming and going, and money in the world getting tight . . . put all this together, and I sometimes worry that it could all come crashing down and be very difficult, time-consuming and expensive to recreate. There are the crazy stories about lenders repossessing servers, and selling them off for scrap, with thousands of websites lost in the process. Customers call the hosting companies, and the phones just ring . . . as they have also repossessed the phone equipment.

Still, no parking lot yet . . . and no "tree museums" (or is that what the botanical gardens are all about)!!

Jeff

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

: I hope this doesn't mean that you're paving the site over to build
: a parking lot!

Messages In This Thread

Sorry About the Website Outage
Re: Sorry About the Website Outage
Sometimes, I Do Worry
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE