The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
'Lederer' by HEUER???? help / info needed.

In my search for parts to restore a Heuer Pasadena I have ended up buying a black (PVD?) 7750 chrono which shares the same case and dial as the Pasadena. The dial is identical to the Pasadena, with grey rings around the sub-dials, and the only visible difference is the 'Lederer' name, in a flowing script where the HEUER logo would normally appear, and the text 'AUTOMATIC' replacing the normal PASADENA etc. This Lederer is very similar to the 5100 Tourneau version mentioned in Chuch Maddox's article on the Heuer 5100 watches where he states;
"In addition, Heuer also made these model watches under contract with "Tourneau" on the dial. I have a Black Dial / Black PVD Tourneau (My first Vintage watch purchase via eBay!) with 510.503 on the case back, and a OD/OD Tourneau with 510.502 on the case back."
By 'Googling' I cannot find any reference to Lederer chronos, apart from a price query on another forum where the poster mentions a black chrono purchased years ago in the NY Lederer store (no photo).
My watch appears to be a HEUER production, rather than a copy or homage, and the age / patina is entirely consistent with the '70s Pasadena period. Can anyone add anything to my search for its roots? Thanks.
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE